Friday, August 29, 2008

I love being married! Although we have only had one “normal” weekend since we have been married it has been a fairly easy adjustment. I guess the real test will come when I am really back to work. The only problem with being married is having to share a bed. Jay and I sleep better when I am at camp! I hog covers, toss and turn, and apparently kick! Ahhh one day we will figure it out! Until then we will just be tired!

Fall is upon us, and with that comes me back at work. I always feel like September is my "New Year". I have been in my classroom all week and have gotten myself almost organized. I look forward to next week when I have students in the desks. Even more exciting will be having new students. Last year I didn’t get a new grade so it was mostly the same students, which was great, but I am happy to have some new faces this year. Change is good.

With September comes herbal tea in the evenings, crisp leaves under my feet on my walk to school, bearable temperatures, and routine. BRING IT ON!! I usually say spring is my favorite season, but really it is autumn, I LOVE IT!

Well back to work…

3 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

I think fall is my favourite season too because it has the temperatures of spring without everything being wet and the bugs die off too. And the lawn doesn't grow as fast either!

Anonymous said...

I love fall too. I seem to have a ton of energy this time of year. I think your comments on married life are hilarious. I am so glad you are so happy. I hope Jay feels the same way.
~b

Stacey said...

Ah yes... learning to sleep in the same bed as another person does take some time! Even after 5 years, we still fight over the covers some nights :)

We hope to see you this next week, even if it's just church on Sunday.