Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Best Day (Part 5)

After the reception we went to the Boaz side after party. We hadn’t met some of Jay’s relatives so we spent some time up there visiting.

Some of the Boaz side at the after party!




We then headed for Jay’s grandparents house. They were not able to be at the wedding so we headed there and made sure we had a picture with them (thanks to Brett and Blake).

Then it was off to my parents place for their after party. I had some time to visit with my family as Jay packed the car up so we could leave (sort of). We took more pictures here, had a bite to eat and then were on the road again. This time to my grandparents, although they were at the wedding we didn’t get a picture with them, it was important to me so we drove to them.







By this time we realized that we would definitely be late getting to out honeymoon destination…. But we had a couple more stops to make. We stopped at Mark and Jobina’s so that Jay could give them his tux to return (but left his tie in the car, opps). Then we stopped by the cemetery were Grandpa was buried (he died exactly a year ago) and put flowers from the wedding at their (Grandma was buried there a long time ago) grave.

We finally left the city at about 7:30pm and head for West Hawk Lake. We weren't that late, and were happy we spent time with loved ones after all the scheduled events were over.

Really it was a great day, but it went by way too fast. I am sure things went wrong, but I didn't hear about them, and don't want to now. The day was perfect because I married my best friend, not because all the details were perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great recap, I'm impressed that you remembered so much!!