Monday, October 24, 2011

Six Months... ALREADY!!

Early in the morning of April 24th, 2011 my life changed forever; it was 12:35am when my little boy was born. His birth wasn't "perfect", and we were a little scared, but looking back it feels like so long ago that we were in the NICU wondering what was going to happen next.

Hours after Griffin was born. CPAP, Oxygen, and IV fluids and antibiotics attached.
These last six months have flown by, it is so hard to believe he is already half way through his first year of his life. He has learned so much; how to eat, roll over, sit, smile, laugh, babble, kiss... oh the list goes on. Although those first days were scary, he has grown into a beautiful baby boy, who is healthy, and happy. For that I am grateful!

Curling shoes and all, he is beautiful to me!
 While he has been learning and growing so have I. He has taught me patience, flexibility, and taught me how to love more deeply. Of course he has also taught me how to live with less sleep than I would like, and that diapers get yucky when a baby starts eating solid foods! Although I don't love the these things they are a small price to pay for the giggles, smiles and kisses that I am paid in. Really he has taught me that I love being a mommy, it is the best job in the world!

The three of us! 



I have loved these last six months, and I am looking forward to tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day. I am just so in love with my little boy, how can I not enjoy each and every day with him! 

Happy First Half Birthday my little man! Love you forever and ever!

1 comment:

Ash said...

Happy 1/2 birthday G, we love you too! I remember reading those texts from grumpa & your daddy keeping me informed and then hearing your story from daddy the next morning. (I don't think he had slept yet) We're so happy to have you in our lives, thank you for joining us!

Auntie Ash, Uncle Joel & the girls XO