Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Not Creative, But Productive

** I wrote this post On Saturday, I meant to take a picture of all the food cubes, but haven't so I am posting anyway**

For the last three days I have been shopping, chopping, boiling, and puree-ing a ton of food for one little baby boy! Now that he is eating cereal (although it seems rice cereal is the all out fav.) I figured I needed to start thinking about the other food he would be eating. After researching (internet, but more importantly Ashley) I made a list of food for him. We went to Gimli and after a lunch date with Jay I went SHOPPING (G stayed with his daddy at work). I was pleasantly surprised on what I spent, I obviously bought food for Jay and I too, and didn't spend a ton over the normal amount! AWESOME!!

I started on Thursday night with some stuff I had in my cupboards like lentils and split peas. Last night I did a couple more, and today have sent the ENTIRE day making food. The last three are currently cooking :). Here is my list of that I made:
  1. Lentil
  2. Split Pea
  3. Carrot
  4. Sweet Potato
  5. Pears
  6. Plums
  7. Blueberry
  8. Peach
  9. Parsnips
  10. Green Beans
  11. Butternut Squash
  12. Peas
  13. Chicken
  14. Beef
  15. Pork
  16. Broccoli
  17. Black Bean
  18. Kidney Bean
  19. Navy Bean
  20. Cauliflower
Some I can start to use soon-ish, others will have to wait, but for now I am done. I know that there might be favourites that I need to make more of, but at least he will get a taste of a bunch of stuff. I will also give him mashed banana and avocado but I don't need to cook, blend those two. Since I wrote this my case of apples came so I will make apple puree sometime soon too!

For the record I tasted most of them, and I would have loved a smoothie made from the pear, peach, and blueberry cubes!

1 comment:

Ash said...

yay ~ he will enjoy!! they say a rainbow of colors and you definately have that!! good job sis :)