Thursday, September 22, 2011

Be Creative!

Don't just "pin" it; actually make/do it! So I have been pinning lately on pinterest, and now I actually need to do something creative! I have made a list (on the side bar) of things I want to do before I go back to work (the ones with * I want to do before Christmas). Griffin and I are getting into a rhythm, so I could probably get some projects done.

I want to make stockings for us. Jay has his childhood stocking, and I have mine; it is time to have matching stockings! I might pick up fabric this weekend so that I can start on this project soon. The other thing I want to do before Christmas  is make a card display; maybe like this one:

The other things on my list can be done whenever, but need to be done BEFORE I go back to work. The first is a couple of eye spy bottles (for work, not G yet). They are bottles filled with birdseed and a bunch of little items. Kids can use the list to find the items. This would be great for fast finishers, etc. Finally I want to make a quiet book for G. He will be too young for it right away but i have more time now to make it. I know my sister-in-law has talked to my mom about making some too... maybe we will have to have a quiet book assembly line one of these days! I have a feeling this project will be a lot of work, but oh so worth it once it is done.

I hope to post pictures as I complete my projects.  As I continue to "pin" I may just add to my list!

2 comments:

Ash said...

I asked your mom about the quiet book cause I have no idea where to even start, so I'd love help from you too!

I know Mika is getting to the age of figuring things out like zippers, clasps, buckles, etc. and I was looking on Montessori learning for things we could do at home. They had the eye spy bottles on there too! I'm making Mika's with sand though, but probably not for another 6 months or so. They actually had a lot of neat ideas that I plan to make for her soon. (edible paint, painting bags, play dough, transfering water with various objects, pouring, etc.)

I look forward to seeing your new projects! I love looking at your moms and envy the creative side you guys have. :)

Jay Boaz said...

No assembly line consisting of you, your mom, and your sister can be described as "quiet".