Sunday, September 11, 2011

Yes I am One Of Those...

Jay and I laughed the other day, we realize we are those annoying parents who constantly post pictures, movies, and blogs about our sweet little boy. Oh, how we love him! Sorry, we just can't help it!

So I am going to try to write a post about other things in our lives (although let's be honest Griffin will creep back in). Jay is LOVING his new job! In so many ways it is his dream job, we don't know what will happen at the end of his term, but for now it is working out great! Although he does have to work some evenings and weekends it doesn't seem to really matter because Griffin and I are home whenever he takes time off anyways.

This fall has been a weird one for me, I usually spend a good chunk of August prepping for the school year, and I have enjoyed that in the past. I am missing it a little. Yet, without a doubt, I LOVE being at home with my Little Bear (sorry, I warned you he would creep back in). In many ways this time is like a sabbatical for me, and I am beginning to realize that I needed one. I think I needed a break from teaching and so this is a great time of refreshment for my teaching self. I have committed to teaching Sunday School. Jay and Griffin hang out at home for the hour and a half that I teach. It is good for them to hang out without the overbearing momma that I can be, and it is good for me to find myself outside of Jay and Griffin.

Since Griffin has been born I have also taken up a new hobby. After our unique birth and beginning I felt a great desire to document it. Maybe as a way to process it, maybe as a way of keeping record so Griffin can look back and see how much he was loved. So I have started scrap booking. I am by no means good at it, but it has become a bit of a creative outlet for me (maybe filling the void that not teaching has left). I tried to post pics, but it isn't working, so maybe I will later on this week.

No comments: