Friday, March 2, 2012

Growing Up is Hard To Do!

My little boy (who is asleep in his crib right now) is creeping closer and closer to his first birthday. He is growing up crazy fast. Every day he learns something new, he has already taken his first steps, and practices walking and falling all day long. At 10 months he keeps me busy!

Next week all this growing up will be a hard pill to swallow (for me maybe more than him). I plan to spend a good chunk of the day at school on Monday. Jay is staying home with the Dude and I am sure they will have fun together. I, however, will be adjusting to not having my days filled with laughter, songs, and love. Thursday we go to daycare for an introduction, and Friday he will spend a few hours there alone!! Not sure if I feel more worried for him or the staff! All of this is to help him transition to daycare full time by April 2nd. He loves other kids and I am hoping that this will help distract him, but I also know that it is rough for him to be away from me for long periods of time (okay maybe it is rough for me to be away from him for long periods of time)! I know that once he adjusts we will be okay, I just know it is going to take time. As I was organizing all this the other day I actually almost cried on the phone with daycare and certainly cried on the phone with Jay. If I was queen for a day Maternity leave would be paid for 5 years and I would be staying home! But I am not, and I am excited about my job, but oh how my heart hurts to be leaving Dude!

1 comment:

Lindsey Dueck said...

Praying that your transition will go smoothy for both you and Griffin! And of course Jay too!