Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Getting Stuck on Our Driveway is a Blessing!!

Yesterday was the first day I left Griffin for more than a couple of hours. A big step in our relationship and one that I was dreading! I spent the day at school and Jay stayed home for the day. I am so thankful Jay has some flexibility to help out as we make this transition, I felt better leaving him with Jay, he is daddy after all!

I figured it would be tough and knew that it is better to deal with this now instead of April 2nd when I am teaching, so we jumped in! I went to leave though and my car got stuck on our driveway, making me panicked that I was going to be late. Jay helped me get it more stuck, and then drove his car past my stuck one and let me take that. I was stressed because I was going to be late, and not happy about it, giving me zero time to worry/cry/think about leaving my precious baby boy! Seriously, how often can you say getting stuck is a blessing?? Yesterday it certianly was!

Although I did miss my boy a little during the day it could have been much worse. When I got home at 4pm my little boy was happy to see me but had a good day with dad! Jay had to leave him in the crib to help me in the morning and then later to get my car pulled out, but other than that there was little crying. Plus Jay actually got to participate in his work confrence call.  I was pretty impressed! Dude didn't drink much milk so we spent lots of time nursing last night, but he was happy. So good to know we will all survive this transition!

I am really excited to start my new job, and even more so now that I have spent a day there. I was reminded how much fun kids are and how much I love teaching. While these next weeks will be an adjustment the exitment of change will help me as I grieve the loss of days spent with Dude. After yesterday I have much more confidence that Dude will adjust (although it will take time) to daycare and his new routine. Plus in three months I will be at home again on summer break!!

No comments: