Monday, July 13, 2009

Another Summer Weekend Over!

This summer we (as in Jay and I) are enjoying three day weekends, thanks to his built up over time he is taking Friday's off. Of course my schedule is very flexible at this point so I get to enjoy his company for three consecutive days every week!
On Friday Joel and Ashley joined us for a Blue Bomber Game. Now that Joel is married I seem to see much more of him! Ashley is a good influence on him! I really do enjoy hanging out with them!
Saturday was mow the lawn, clean the house day, although we did take a trip to Gimli to grocery shop and go for dinner. On our way we bought pic-a-pops, it has been a long time since I have had on of those tasty treats. I love them because they aren't very carbonated, I hate the fizz in normal pop! Pop out of glass bottles makes me happy, and brings me back to my trip to Dominica, where after a long hike handing out fliers we came across a little shack selling pop in glass bottles, it was a answer to our thirsty prayers!
On Sunday Mark an Jobina (and Riker and Trinity of course) came for dinner (Mark spoke at church so they were in Mennville for the day). It seems when we have company over Jay loves to cook (he likes it when we don't have company too, but it is more fun when he can serve his creation to more than just me). I get out of the cooking part, but get stuck with the dishes, not sure that is a good trade!
Not only did he cook diner but he also made a big pasta salad for lunch today and homemade chocolate chip cookies, YUMMY!!

4 comments:

Jobina said...

Thanks for doing all those dishes Sarah! It was great to visit with you guys...Trinity told me again today that when she's older she's going to your house before she gets married. Why? I asked. To get my dress! She said!

Jay Boaz said...

You make it sound like I'm not going to help with the dishes! You did salad and dessert so I said we would both do the dishes. :)

Sarah said...

In all truthfullness the dishes are not done yet, and i am pretty sure Jay will help me do them tomorrow! What a good husband I have!
The dress will be here when Trinity is ready to get married, although her mom's dress is pretty special too, oh and the joy of shopping for your own is pretty fun.

Ash said...

pic a pop?! We can not find that anywhere in the city sis! So jealous! Next time you come in I will have to "place an order"! :)