Friday, March 30, 2012

Firsts!



Being at home means I got to witness most of the "firsts" for my baby boy. We watched with great anticipation as Dude nursed all day (that was glorious), rolled over, sat without support, ate his first food, sat himself up, army crawled, got his first tooth, crawled for real, fed himself, pulled himself to stand, and took his first steps. Every first is so exciting! We look and him today and see a little boy and not a baby, he has grown and changed so much in this first year. We have celebrated each first, but I have come to realize that he could have slowed down just a bit! It was certainly easier when he would stay were we put him! I am so thankful that I have been witness to such great achievements, seriously it takes lots of trying to learn how to roll over! Realizing that he has already done so much makes me a little sad, time flies so quickly, it won't be long until he is learning to drive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And chasing girls. That is worse than driving.

Dayna said...

i'm loving these posts sarah! keep them coming! and as for firsts, i was so very blessed to witness those with M. each time she learned something new i was beyond excited and proud, not to mention amazed at God's creation, but in my heart i couldn't help but think how much sweeter it will be when it's my own little one. oh, and i've also found her learning to talk absolutely fascinating. now she's putting up to three words together in either language and, well, i'm one proud nanny! :)