Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I should have wrote this yesterday, but I had a super long nap instead!
I was blessed with a terrific father. Joel and I were lucky that we were the first priority of both our parents. As an adult I have come to realize how much my parents gave and gave up so that we could follow our dreams. Their love, support, and encouragement still plays a huge role in my life. Having great parents will hopefully help me be the best parent I can be!

This year I am grateful for the new dad in my life. As we have become parents I have realized how amazing Jay is. As we welcomed Griffin into the world in not ideal circumstances Jay was my rock. I am sure he was scared and worried too, but he kept me as calm as possible. He did everything he could for Griffin, and made sure he was well looked after when he was born. He supported me in my desire to breastfeed, but while bottles were in the picture he did many middle of the night feedings (I miss that). Jay clearly loves Griffin and does everything he can for him. He dreams of coaching soccer and curling, but in the meantime spends time cuddling and loving on Little Bear. He has been busy these last two months, starting a new job, and still doing a big part of his old job, but he has made sure to spend as much time as possible with us. In his new job he has three weeks of additional time to take this year and has taken some of it already in order to give me a break and spend time with Griffin. He sure has become a lot more confident with newborns! I look forward to watching him as a dad for years to come!





Can't you see the love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww! That's soooooo nice!