Friday, March 18, 2011

Post 129

It is hard to believe we are at the 36 week mark, even harder to believe that we are 4 (yup only FOUR) weeks to our due date. I keep saying that in 4 to 6 weeks I will be a mom! It is so hard to imagine what my life will be like, how it will change, and how I will function with less sleep! Yet the excitement is ever increasing and I am very much looking forward to meeting Little Baby Boaz. When people ask me if I am excited about my life change, I often comment on how I am a little nervous, really I know that there will be struggles and such, and I am not naive enough to think that I know what to expect. Of course I am oh so happy to be becoming a mom, I have wanted this for longer than I would like to admit!

Last weekend my sister threw me a baby shower. Ashley is Ashley so let’s just say there was a ton of effort put into games, food, decorations, and pretty much everything! I was so blessed with gifts that we will definitely put to good use. Having things like clothes, bath tubs, and toys for the baby makes it all seem so much more “real”! Don’t get me wrong the kicking, and punching let me know this baby is real, but “real” as in will be coming home with me in not too long of a time! It was good to see family and friends.

I think everything will feel more real when I am done teaching. Right now I am so focused on all things school that my focus is not on baby quite yet. I have another week of teaching and a ton of stuff to do over Spring Break (report cards, cleaning and packing up my classroom etc.), when that is done I am sure my focus will change. Currently I am praying that there is a teacher for my 22 kids come April 1st, but either way I can’t stop the baby from coming so I won’t be here!
Of course my life revolves around baby and work, but other fun things have happened lately too. We have had friends that live in Australia up to our place for a couple of nights over the past few weeks. Paul and Jay have been friends for years. Paul and Ashley moved to Australia a couple of years ago, and since then have had two boys. They are in Canada visiting family and friends. It was great to have them come visit and hang out (twice!!). We don’t get lots of visitors so it was nice to have people come see us!

So, bets on when this baby is coming and whether it is a girl or boy??

Will post 130 be the announcement?

6 comments:

Jobina said...

boy, 6 days early, 8lbs 3 oz, 21 inches, lots of hair!

Anonymous said...

boy, 7lbs 2 oz. bald, fair, 2 days early, 20 inches, easy delivery, healthy baby, calm, and happy parents.
~ mom

Ash said...

just to be the stick in the mud, girl 7lbs 6oz. bald or fair hair, 21 inches

Hillary said...

I say girl too! :) (just cuz I want you to have a girl... I'm sure that will grow up to be as sweet as her Mommy!)

Ash said...

Oh and the 12th is my guess for when

Lindsey Dueck said...

Hmm I guess I never posted my guess!

I think it will be a girl with light hair, born on April 16th!