Monday, April 11, 2011

Playing the Waiting Game

Remember when you were 6 and it was Christmas Eve, there were big boxes under the tree with YOUR name on them, you couldn't sleep you were just so excited? I remember those evenings/nights as special, and fun... but I knew that the next morning was Christmas and that I would be unwrapping the presents as soon as breakfast was finished. Nice memory!

Now picture this I am 29, and I am as huge as huge can be. I am in the 40th week of pregnancy and really want to meet our son or daughter. I would love to sleep but am uber uncomfortable in any position and spend my evenings tossing and turning. Unlike those presents under the tree I have not peeked (or unwrapped) the present yet and am dying to find out if I am right and we are having a boy or if I have been calling our little girl 'he' for the last 20 or so weeks. Of course the worst of it is that I have no idea when I will get to open this present and I am pretty sure it won't be as easy as pulling off the wrapping paper!

I so want to just meet this little one! Pregnancy has been fun, but it is time for it to be over!

I guess I am getting closer, only because I can't be getting any further away!!

2 comments:

Lindsey Dueck said...

Hahahaha, this makes me laugh. I love your analogy to presents! You totally peek at your Christmas gifts every year, but now you cannot peek. I have heard people say that not knowing the sex of the baby makes it easier to get through labor, more motivation I guess. I know it will work for me! Can't wait to meet baby B!

Anonymous said...

Why haven't you had you're baby yet... All of us at school are so anxious to see if it is a boy or girl. All the students ask Miss Plett every day to see if you had your baby yet. Love, all of us at school

P.s hope you have Walnut soon!