Friday, October 10, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving weekend always makes me smile! Okay, partly because it is a long weekend, but also because it is a great time to spend with family, and friends. Plus it reminds me of how lucky and blessed I am!
Today I was at a PD event in the city, which was actually pretty good. It is nice when they inspire you, sometimes it is hit or miss! :)
I came to the city last night with a co-worker/friend. Mom and I then went... SHOPPING!! I actually walked in the door and my dad made a comment about how mom and I always go shopping when I come in! It is a girl thing! I bought teal, brown and beige fabric for a rag quilt. I need to make a new one to go with our living room decor! Then I clothes shopped, and enjoyed evey minute and penny of it!
This weekend will be a busy one, holidays often are! Tonight Jay will come into the city, and I will try to get some errands done. Tomorrow will be more errands, they never really end! Then we get to see my littlest brother (in-law) play hockey. My parents are coming (or at least me mom) and then the Boazs' will come to my parents for dinner. We will head out to MacGregor after that, and spend some time with my in-laws (we don't see them very often). On Monday we will head back home. Lindsey has invited us over, and I look forward to spending time with friends on Monday afternoon/evening. Should be a good, busy weekend!
As I mentioned earlier Thanksgiving gives me a chance to reflect on blessings in my life, here is a short and incomplete list of the great things in my life:
  1. I have a husband who loves me, helpes around the house, and cares about how I am doing/feeling
  2. I have a great family, who I get to see often.
  3. I have been blessed with great in-laws
  4. I have a job, a roof over my head, and good food on my table (when I put effort into making it)
  5. I live in a country where I can speak freely, and have the freedom to worship when I want, where I want, and whom I want (I am also blessed to be able to live that out in my job).

That last blessing reminds me: VOTE on Tuesday! I have been talking/reading so much on this election in class, and now I can't wait to vote!

I changed my template, any thoughts/feedback?

3 comments:

Lindsey Dueck said...

LOVE the new template! It looks awesome! Hope you have a good weekend and can't wait to see you on Monday! Better come hungry, very hungry

Anonymous said...

I love it too!
Sounds like you're in for a great weekend! I hope you enjoy it!
Happy Thanksgiving!
-Hill :)

Megan said...

you are one busy lady!! Take some time to be zen and smell the roses, and all that fun stuff!
K, you will laugh at me, I totally had a blog on this site and forgot about it, so now I have a new entry on it, and will try to keep it up to date!