Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Joys of Spring!

The snow is ALMOST gone here! The sun is out in full force today (it is rather sad that I am stuck inside working on a paper), the fields look a little like lakes, and I am seeing grass in our backyard! It is a wonderful day!

The other day at lunch, when I was on duty I got to witness spring’s impact on kids. It’s funny, for most of the winter my students walk around, and HATE going outside, recess is almost a punishment when the wind is blowing and the snow is falling (even if the temperature isn’t that cold). Well, on Thursday my students started playing a game of cat and mouse. Now the first shock was that someone asked if the could play this game (it is a variation of tag), when does that happen? Of course they could play! As the game got underway it was great to see my students including EVERYONE (it doesn’t always work like this), not only were the majority of my students playing but eventually there were students from all classrooms and all grades playing. It was wonderful to see Christ in each of my students! Then I hear, “hey attach to this person because so and so hasn’t had a turn in awhile”. Including everyone, and making sure there is fairness in the game, now that is music to my ears! I bet it is even more wonderful for Jesus to hear it! It was a great day!

Spring is here and I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw Sarah that awesome! But you guys still have some snow?!? :)

Jay Boaz said...

I love it when kids include other kids without adult intervention!

Jay