Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And I Thought Life Was Boring!

HELP!!
I am sitting at home right now, and by home I mean the house, which is really Jay’s house for another 88 days. I was working on the computer when I hear a noise out front in the living room/kitchen/dinning room. Lo and behold a bird is in the house. Now I am not afraid of birds when they are flying around outside (sorry Sheri this story will freak you out) but in my house, YIKES!! So what have I done, I have shut the door to my office and am sitting at my computer. Jay is still at work, if I had a phone in here I would call him (although it would do no good because he is at a meeting) to come home and do something about this. When we talked about division of labour we didn’t figure out whose job it would be to get rid of birds, I have now decided that that is solely Jay’s job.
Hmmm… It is quiet out there now…I wonder if the bird is now dead, or something. YUCK!!! Oh there was a noise. I am NOT GOING OUT THERE!!
So am I a helpless girl or totally justified in my locking myself in the room?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross, birds are so gross!! That is totally scary, and I would also be hiding!
Getting rid of birds is always a "boy job".

Mark said...

Um, yes, sorry to say but you are indeed acting like a "helpless girl." I've never really understood the whole "fear of birds" thing. Jobina and her Mom both act the same way. It's a bird people! What could a bird do to you? Anyway, irrational as it may be, I'm glad (looking at Jay's blog) that it all worked out OK. Hopefully you will recover from the fright of it all. Take care!

AvianMaven said...

You have every reason to be scared. Over 60 potentially fatal diseases are carried by birds, and often passed to humans through their droppings. To prevent future incidents you might want to install a bird deterrent near the window or door where the bird came in. A humane and eco friendly option would be good such as birdproof gel or irritape.

Jay Boaz said...

The problem is we don't know where or how the bird got in! If we figure out how it got in we'll have to look into those deterrents you mention. Thanks for the tip avianmaven!

Anonymous said...

that makes me want to throw up! I might even have nightmares tonight...haha Ewww that is disgusting...and DEFINATELY a boy job!!!!!