Thursday, October 25, 2007

Wedding, Wedding, Wedding!

Yup, I get engaged and that is the biggest thing on my mind! The craziness has died down; the planning has begun. After a week of stress the tide has turned and we have booked a reception venue! Jay and I will be getting married July 19th, 2008! I am so excited! The To-Do list is a mile long but slowly we will get things taken care of… next on the list is nail down a church, find a photographer, and florist and of course BUY THE DRESS! This last part is the part I am looking forward to the most. On Saturday mom and I will take our first stab at it!

On that note my parents make me laugh. I was never sure of how involved they would want to be in wedding planning. They have shocked me a little. Dad has browsed bridal store windows and “found” a dress he thinks I should wear… ummm it has purple on it so I think it won’t work… mom is excited about dress shopping and every once and a while I get phone calls that mention how they were talking about things and what they think we should do. It’s fun to plan this with them. Next week we will be having a wedding planning session with both sets of parents… I can only imagine that between my dad and Jay’s dad there will be plenty of teasing. Ahhh the blending of families!
~S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jobina said...

what a great idea to plan with your parents! I'm reading this Saturday so I'm guessing you're trying on dresses right now, have fun!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed shopping with you! I was a little disappointed but got a lot of stuff done for Vince for his birthday! Can't wait to see you on the weekend!

. said...

so happy you are so happy!