Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My “Male Token Place Holder” Asks Me To Be His Wife!



Of course I said YES!

Many of you know the story, some of you do not, so for you here is the story:

Last October (‘06) I was set up on a date (not quite blind, but a set-up none the less). I knew Jay (from Camp) and needed a date (or as I like to say a “male token place holder”) for a dinner theatre with my parents, brother and his date. We were set up by my friend and her mom (who happens to be the mom of one of my students), and although I made a fool of myself that night, we pursued the thought of a relationship. From there the rest is history as they say. Jay lived in Winnipeg and so we did the long distance thing for nine and a half months. We saw each other most weekends, and had many phone calls back and forth. At the end of August Jay moved to Mennville and took a job in Riverton. In the last couple of months it has been nice to see each other in “real life” and not just in moments set aside for one another.

On Monday Oct. 15 Jay showed up at my house as I was getting ready for work and started cooking breakfast. It was his birthday and I was a little thrown by him being there. He then told me that he wasn’t there just to cook breakfast but also there to get his birthday present, I began protesting (he has wanted it for a couple of weeks) when he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him! I have no idea what I said, but I do know that I ended up with a ring on my finger, so I must have said YES! Really the rest of the day was a little blurry, I just wanted to get home!

I fell in love with Jay early in our relationship, marrying him is just the next step in the journey! Although no date has been set we are thinking of a July wedding.

I know this picture is blury, but it is the best I have!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got up early to post this! I love you babe!

And for those wanting to see a clearer picture of the ring, we're going to try using my camera's close-up function tonight to see if that works better than Sarah's camera. At worst I could even try videotaping it and then making a still image from that!

Anonymous said...

awww how exciting Sarah :) What a great unexpected surprise! I hope that you have an amazing time planning your wedding, and growing even closer as a couple. I love you and miss you lots! Hope you have an amazing week soaking up the fact that you're engaged! Love, Hill :)
PS... is there something in the water up causing engagements there or what??!! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful ring by the way :)

and put an "up" before "there" in my last sentence!

Stacey said...

yay!!!

. said...

congrats x a million! oh sarah, although the next months will be crazy busy for you (and you probably wouldn't have 2-5 nights a week to spend with me like we once did) i wish i was there sharing and planning and updating your wedding book with you! i love you so much and am ecstatic for you!!!

also, thanks so much for praying for me in your class. tell them all that i REALLY appreciate it and they shouldn't stop!

much, MUCH love,
dayna

Lyss said...

Wow!! Congratulations!!! I was wondering when this would happen! So excited for you!

Mark said...

Congratulations guys. Jay, way to totally surprise her! We wish you all the best!

Jobina said...

Mark just told me the story about the ring, which I think is AWESOME! Congrats you guys and hey, if you need Michael's coupons for decorations, just call or email and I'll save em! (We get one every week for 40% off one item and it's good for 7 days. Or, I could go every week from now til July! AH, I'm just looking for an excuse to go there!)