Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving weekend, and really I love this time of year! I love Thanksgiving because I am reminded how much I have to be thankful for. It's funny how we need a holiday to remind us of all the good things in life. Here is a short list of thinngs and people I am thankful for: My family, Jay, my friends (who I don't see enough but love me anyways), my job (which is amazing), the great community where I live, the fact that I can worship God at home, at church, and at work without any fear of persecution. Oh the list could go on and on!
This weekend Jay and I spent time with both of our families. On Friday we went to Blakes (Jay's littlest brother) hockey game and then header to McGregor until Sunday afternoon. We don't see enough of Jay's family so it was good to visit with them for a couple of days (plus we ate REALLY well). Yesterday we joined the Hayward family at my paren't house. This was the first holiday without Grandpa so it was good to get together. Almost everyone was here so that was good. Today (if Jay ever wakes up) we will head back to Mennville and get back to the grind. These next couple of weeks are a little crazy. Jay has a ton of stuff going on and I have to work on courses (I can see an extension in my future), and think about report cards soon. Time is just flying by! Well as lame as it is that's the update!
~S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

not lame at all silly sarah! Good to hear you had a happy thanksgiving! Hopefully you are one of those that thrive on being busy as it sounds like you're in for a busy month!
I'm enjoying Calgary... when I have the time! I'm on my break for finishing assignments at the moment, so I am really struggling to be productive and disciplined! (as you can tell by the blog commenting!)
Anyway, just wanted to say hello and let you know I was thinking about you... and I enjoyed your blog :) Have an awesome week! Love, Hill :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you Sarah!! Will you be in Mennville next weekend? I think I'm only going to be home on Saturday so if you will have a little bit of time for me maybe I'll stop by for a bit! Love ya!

Sarah Boaz said...

Sheri I am actually home (Mennville) this weekend. And I have TONES of time, at least for you I do! Give me a call or facebook me or something! We shoudl get together!

Mark said...

Um, Jay woke up . . . right?