Sunday, April 22, 2007

I Hate Sunday Nights!

In the last six months I have learned to hate Sunday nights! Some people don’t like Sunday nights because they know Monday is coming, usually that means back to work. Although I don’t enjoy the alarm clock on Monday morning, it isn’t the getting back to work that makes me hate Sunday nights. Instead it is the fact that most Sunday nights one of us (Jay or I) gets to drive the two hours between our houses. It means this weeks’ goodbye has come and gone. It means we will spend a couple of hours (if we are lucky) speaking by phone over the next five or six days. I know that is could be worse, there could be no weekends together at all, but I have decided I am entitled to a little sadness on Sunday nights.

This weekend the two-hour drive belonged to Jay. He came up Saturday evening (after his youth groups' 30 hour famine). On Friday evening I spent a couple of hours at Hecla. I enjoyed sitting in the sun on the boardwalk, watching the birds, and seeing my first butterfly of the season. I read and wrote and just had some Sarah and God time. I was surprised to still see ice on the lake, but the weather was wonderful. I then enjoyed a movie (The Holiday) with Dayna, not a bad movie! I got a great Gilmore Girls Fix on Saturday morning. I haven’t watched GG in a while and I had some time to kill so I enjoyed that and a great big cup of coffee in the morning. The rest of the weekend past in a blur of Carcassonne (a board game), College and Career, more Carcassonne, visiting with friends, and watching (okay in my case sleeping) through movies!! All and all a great weekend.
Now if only the Flames would win to cap it all off!!

Pray for Ramona and Earl as Ramona has surgery tomorrow (Monday). See their blog for all the details (there is a link on the right!).

4 comments:

Mark said...

Ah, "parting is such sweet sorrow. . ."

Stacey said...

It was great to be part of the College & Career Sunday School class yesterday! It's nice to have a class of people who are all kind of figuring out the same things in life.

. said...

it was a good movie, wasn't it? and you stayed awake for the whole thing! 3 cheers for sarah!

and i agree w/ stacey. it was so good to be in the c&c s.s. class. it'd been MANY weeks (i can't even remember all of the reasons!) and also, c&c for lunch/afternoon is always a highlight- not just b/c the girls always win 4 on the couch, but ti's so good to meet, dream, plan, discuss, question, converse, live, laugh, eat, and eat some more together!

i love you 'roomy'
;) dayna

Anonymous said...

Did you really say that you were hoping the Flames would win?? oh Sarah!!! you ned to see the light and cheer for a better team like the Canucks!!