Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Has Come and Gone!

Jay and I enjoyed a quiet Christmas morning, complete with eggs benedict! We made the decision to wake up at our own house on Christmas morning and we relished in the last Christmas morning sleep-in. We then headed to Jay's aunt's house for his family gathering. We enjoyed a great meal and exchanged gifts, and ended the evening with a game of Apples to Apples.

After tha it was off to my parents, where we opened more gifts including some great things for baby. My parents got us a toy box that they had painted in bright bold circles and dots. We enjoyed a family gathering on the 26th with my extended family. It was a nice two days of celebration. Mika is starting to walk and talk, and it makes Christmas so much fun to have a little on around, but next Christmas there will be three little ones, and I am so excited!

Then the work began! Jay and dad headed home early on the 27th, mom and I followed behind not much later. Our goal was to get the nursery completed! My parents offered to help and seeing as they go away for the month of Feb. we knew this was the best time to get the room painted, lay down new carpet and get the furniture assembled. Mom and Jay did the painting, dad and Jay layed new underlay and carpet and replaced the baseboards. In two days it was all done! No, I didn't do a lot, but I am growing the occupant!!

t

The toy box and crib. Jay wanted the stripes, I thought it would be a pain, it didn't seem to be too difficult for the painting crew to do, and looks so good!



The storage unit (complete with Spiderman).

I can't thank my parents enough for coming up and helping us! Jay and I are not handy people so having my dad and mom help us allowed us to actually get it done! I love it! In about 100 days we could have a baby to put in it (although he/she will sleep in out room at first).

Only three more days of my Christmas break, and then it will only be three more months of work! I can't believe how fast this is going...

3 comments:

Ash said...

The toy boxes were such a great idea and they both turned out so well! And your nursery looks amazing, the new carpet, paint and baseboards made a huge difference. What a great holiday for the whole family.

Mark said...

Looks great! I see from the box that the child will be a boy and that his name will be Boaz (like the character in the OT). Very Biblical and the alliteration will quite pleasant as well . . .

Jobina said...

teehee, it's fate, Boaz Boaz! I love the stripe and the furniture, the room looks great!