Monday, August 17, 2009

Content and Loving It!

Yup, I am feeling content this week, and I love it. It seems that all fog has passed and I am felling normal. Some may know that this winter was unpleasant for me, apparently a hormonal imbalance isn't good for you. Since going off the dreaded pill I am happier, cry less, and have the energy and motivation to actually get things done. Amazing!

This weekend Jay booked our plane tickets for our trip. After visiting Arizona for 44 hours last February we have decided to make another trip. The original plan was for us to go to Mexico for Joel and Ashley's wedding so the money is saved and they are already married, thus the decision to go somewhere else.We are going for 9 days over my Christmas break. The condo is in a 55+ complex so my dad is joining us for at least some of the trip, mom will stay home and celebrate Christmas with Joel and Ash. Mom and Dad will go again in February but that just doesn't work for Jay and I. I am grateful that my parents are willing to accommodate us! We are so looking forward to this trip as a chance to spend some time together without thoughts about work or demands on our time. Being warm will be wonderful, and shopping is a must!

I am back to thinking and getting excited about work! The planning has begun. There are some definite pluses to the whole situation. I am teaching at a new school and therefore don't have to plan everything from scratch. My favourite read aloud novel study (The Tale of Despereaux) has been dusted off, unit plans from past years are reviewed, but not planned from scratch. I also look forward to meeting new kids and setting up new routines with them. Of course the fact that I could have up to 30 kids is a little intimidating! I can't wait to get into my classroom and organize it (plus that means getting some of this stuff out of my office and basement!!).

Ashley and I hit the mall this weekend. Bonus number 101 of having a sister I have someone to shop with! My cousin is getting married in a couple of weeks and the invitation says "black tie optional" so we shopped for outfits and accessories for that occasion. Ashley is defiantly showing and didn't have anything to wear. We found some dressy tops she could wear with her black maternity pants. I found earrings, a necklace, and a purse to complete the dress I bought when I was in Mesa.

Dad is doing pretty good. He is feeling restless at home and has made a couple of trip on the bus to keep himself occupied. His pneumonia has cleared up and his antibiotics have ended. Another week and he should be able to go back to work, and drive, and do more; a doctors appointment hopefully will confirm this.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Ash said...

Yeah! So excited you booked your trip! Countdown to holidays!! And of course we are all glad you are feeling back to your old self - we missed you.

Stacey said...

The Pill can do nasty things. Glad you figured out what works best for your body :)

And I can't believe it's almost time for school to start again!! One year and my little man will be heading out the door...

Anonymous said...

yuor reading The Tale of Despereaux to them?? good idea! i loved that book alot!! i hope you have fun in Morweena, teaching at least one of my cousins! don't worry ill tell her to be nice to you. haha. :D
ttyl.
AIMEE!! ♥

Lindsey Dueck said...

i miss you!