Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas is Here!

I love Christmas! Last night Jay and I decorated my house, put up the tree, took out the Nativity set, and listened to Christmas music! YEAH!! He would have waited but we made a deal that Christmas could begin on Dec. 1, I even waited 2 days! Last year was the first year I set up a Christmas tree at my house, it was special to do it with Jay, and now we can do it every year together!

Some of the best memories from my childhood come from Christmas time: Family Christmases at Blue Lake, and in Banff, special Christmas mornings when Joel and I woke my parents up insanely early, my dad singing O Holy Night… the memories are endless. Ironically the worst memories of my childhood also come from this time of year: Dad’s diagnosis, the Christmas we spent in the hotel when dad was having his treatment. In the end Christmas is still one of my favourite times of the year… the tree, the smells, the peeking at presents, and of course the reason for the season, the birth of Jesus! AHHHH I love it!
Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been warned, if I find out you peaked I'm taking your present back! And I'll buy you a vacuum instead!

Jay

Anonymous said...

Sarah sneaks a peek at her presents?!?! No!! I don't believe it!!! haha :)