Saturday, November 3, 2007

All Is Well That Ends Well!

I am so glad this week has ended on a positive note. During the week there were many tears, phone calls, and emotional moments... all over a dress! I know it is only a dress and really I am so thankful that I am in the position of wedding dress shopping. Officially now I have MY wedding dress and am so happy with it I could dance! I love it and can't wait to really wear it. Oh and here is a plug for a great dress shop! Teresa's Bridal has been amazing this week! A place with great customer service, and great dresses! Plus these women have amazing suggestions and have gotten me to fall in love with two dresses, and put a smile back on my face!
I now feel like we are well on the way to having this wedding, things are booked, menus are in, dress is bought, I found bridesmaid dresses that I like, my mom found a great dress.... It feels good to be checking things off the list. Sometimes I feel like this wedding is taking over my life, but as of tomorrow morning that is coming to a complete halt! Report Cards are my new focus, they must get done, and soon (I am hoping Wednesday!).
This week was a little interesting as I tried to keep a secret from my mom. Yesterday was her 50th birthday and dad decided to put on a surprise party. Mom has said over and over again that she didn't want a party, but we just didn't listen! We flew Joel home for the weekend (better present for mom or Ashley we don't really know), had her sister and some friends come in from Vermillion Bay, and had other friends and family from around here. So much fun to keep it from her for the last month or so! I think she really was surprised! AHHHHH so good not to have to worry about what I say or type (there were many times I almost blew the surprise while on facebook!)!

Loving today, I get an extra hour of sleep, don't forget to turn your clocks back!
~S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it has been quite a weekend. I am thrilled you are so happy about the dress, it really is georgeous and I'm glad Sherri got to be there with us. Just confirmed what we thought. The birthday was amazing. I am still grinning about it.Life is a blessing. ~b

Stacey said...

Hi Sarah!! Did you guys still want a picture of our punch fountain? I'm not sure if I have one, I'll have to check. I think we rented it from Party Stuff U Rent It in Winnipeg, so you could always just check them out too. They have a whole 'wedding' section there.

Anonymous said...

Yay for dress! All we need now is an LCD projector and we're set. :)

I wouldn't worry about finding a picture then Stacey, we can just browse where you got it from! Thanks for the info!

JBo

Lindsey Dueck said...

We got our fountain from that same place and it was awesome! I think Kelsey's parents, Waldon and Eileen might have a projecter you can borrow or rent or something!