Thursday, September 20, 2007

Procrastination At Its’ Finest!

Yuppers I am in the process of procrastinating! Write now I should be writing a paper for English 307, but nope I am reading blogs, on facebook and have now resorted to updating my blog. All this after I kicked Jay out of my house so I could work (sorry J ). In my defence I am half way (or a little more) finished my paper and have hit a snag and need time to think! You see procrastination brings blog updates, so it isn’t all bad.
Life is settling into routine (which I love) and becoming normal after the crazy summer that was. Looking back the two months I had off are a blur and September has brought normalcy to my life (at least for the most part). Maybe this is because work becomes a rhythm, one day to the next (with little hiccups in between). I am enjoying work, something that was fading at the end of last year. Teachers really do need a break come June, it saves our sanity! Being back though has been really good, and I am remembering the joy of teaching.
I am finding balance in life lately (it will end soon). Although I have been busy and such with routine brings some semblance of balance. I actually see Jay almost every night, a change that hasn’t been too difficult to adjust to J. It’s nice to actually have conversations face to face at the end of the day. Plus he cooks dinner sometimes so that’s a bonus too! It is great to have him part of my everyday life, and not just in my weekend life! We cleaned his apartment last weekend so he really lives in Mennville now; all the loose ends in the city are tied up! Which means no more crazy weekend trips there at least for a couple of weeks. A weekend at home begins tomorrow and I have no plans to drive anywhere!
I have been thinking about two years ago, when I first moved to Mennville. I was lonely, and often “bored”. I craved relationships, and a sense of community. How things change! Life is busy, but really I like it that way! Last weekend I was lucky enough to hang out with Sherri! It had been awhile since we hung out, just the two of us!
Okay as random as that post was, at least it existed! It is now off to bed, with only half my paper done. Oppps!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Really? You can use blogging to procrastinate? Never really thought about that before. Oh wait, that's why I never get anything done! Doh!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining me and my family for the afternoon on sunday! It was good to catch up!! Love ya!

Lyss said...

Procrastination? I don't know what you're talking about!! Glad to hear things are going well!

Anonymous said...

I heard you're not going to be around for the thanksgiving supper!! I hope you know I'm very disappointed in you...haha Actually I just wish you could be here so we could hang out cuz I miss you! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Love you!