Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First Day!

Yuppers I am back to work! I forgot what a day in the trenches feels like, oh but I remember now! I forgot how much energy teaching takes, as a teacher I am always "on", there are no down moments, there is no time to chatch my breath! This morning I was blessed with a new student. Yes, there was a moment of panic, but it is such a good thing to have a new student at the school and in my class! Other than that the day was pretty uneventful, that is what you get when you have the same teacher, with the same students, in the same classroom… it seems like June was just yesterday and it won’t take much time to get back into the swing of things, and the new things won’t take long to adjust to the changes that I have made.
I am also slowly getting into routine, which makes me happy! I love the sense of normalcy that routine brings. I seem to get WAY more done in life and in work when my life is full but organized. It seems the more I try to squeeze into my life the more gets done… why is that??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a new student?! Awesome! who is it? I hope your first week back will be really good! All the excitement of everyone going back to school almost...ALMOST makes me want to go back! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey sarah! How are you? I forgot to even say thanks for the comment the other day! And thanks for the attempted last visit and card too! I was really sad I had missed you guys!

Anyway, I hope school is going well for you... how exciting to have a new student! Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?

Calgary's been OK so far... we have an awesome location in my opinion! If only our classes were at Rocky! (they're in Centre Street Church) I had a fun little adventure with one of my roomies today... just posted a blog about it! I also had to make the very painful purchase of a MONTHLY transit pass for $75 today! ouch that hurts to think about doing for the next 4 months! Unfortunately we don't really qualify for the student rate, as we're not technically students of an actual school! Got any money saving tips for living in calgary for me??!!

Anyway, I should probably get going to bed! Hope you're doing well, and have an awesome weekend! Talk to you again soon! -Hill :)

Anonymous said...

How's your life going? It's been so long since I've seen you! What are you doing this weekend? I'm going to be coming home without Vince so if you're not too busy we should try to do something! Love ya!