Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Dad!

My dad turns 10 today! It was 10 years ago today that dad sat in his hospital bed and recieved his stems cells. Sometimes it feels like it wasn't nearly that long ago, other times it feels like it was a very long time ago. 10 years ago we didn't know what the stem cell transplant would mean; would it give him a year, or less, or more? The doctors were only somewhat hopeful that this would really work. From what I remember it wasn't much fun for dad, the chemo was pretty harsh, and he even hallucinated for a couple of days. It might have sucked but I was so glad he did it! The angles he collected and hung from his IV pole still adorn our Christmas tree. The prayers that were said that year did not go unanswered.

Happy 10th Birthday dad! May there be many more!

Here is the family (Dad on the end), on one of the most important days for a father and daughter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww..........
Yes, it was pretty amazing wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Sarah! Makes me realize how blessed I am that my family has never had to go through anything like that. I'm so glad you guys made it through that journey! God is so good :)