Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Very Good Day!

I enjoyed a good, even wonderful day today! After Church this afternoon Jay and I decorated our Christmas tree. He usually doesn't let me put it up until December 1st, but he is gone for most of the week and I am gone next weekend so he agreed to do it today! We listened to Christmas music and ate chocolate fondue and put up the tree! It is officially Christmas time!

After decorating and eating was done I enjoyed a wonderful Sunday afternoon nap. Really I think God created Sunday's for just such a thing. I love napping, but I love it even more on Sunday's, maybe because I have no guilt about relaxing on the day of rest!

Not long after I woke up my sister (in-law, to be) called me. She asked me to be her bridesmaid! So much fun to FINALLY have a sister, and I am blessed to be part of her and Joel's wedding. Bonus: there will be no seafoam green, puffed sleeved bridesmaid dresses!

So it has been a good day! Actually a great weekend! On Saturday I enjoyed lunch with Sheri, I went to see a student play hockey (and was glad to see his team win, and he scored 1 goal and got an assist!), baked sugar cookies... it was a full but good Saturday!

Now onto a week of busyness with no Jay around. This week will end with a girls weekend, of course involving shopping! YEAH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha That's awesome that you guys could do your decorating today! Our house was transformed today too!
Can't wait to see you and the girls on Friday!

Anonymous said...

Yes, life is good. I'm glad. ~b