Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall in the Boaz House

We have been a busy family this fall, but have gotten into a nice routine! I am back to work and I must say I am thoroughly enjoying my job. I have a fantastic class of Grade 5 and 6 students that make me smile and laugh every day. I enjoy working with a team of teachers that are teaching the same grade that I am; I must say I am not excited that I am leaving at the end of December. That is the life on term contracts I suppose.

We were so lucky to end up with a home daycare spot in Gimli for Griffin. I drove to Riverton for two weeks every morning at the beginning of September before a spot opened up here. I have to say the transition for him was a breeze! He runs up the stairs to see the cats every morning and is so happy at the new place. I am so grateful for that! He is in a home daycare and having the same caregiver each day seems to have really made the transition easy. All this added to the fact that the daycare is one house away makes life even easier! We walk to daycare each day and Jay walks him home. It has really been a good change.

Jay is still driving to and from the city each day. Our daycare closes at 4:30 so he leaves mighty early so he can get Dude on time. I am so grateful for a husband who puts in so much effort (an little sleep) to make our family work. I have certianly noticed that the few hours that Griffin and Jay have spent together each day has made them a tighter unit. G is becoming less clingy to me and enjoys his "man time". There is a chance that Jay may be able to work a few days out of Gimli each week which would sure be great for his sleep, out schedule, and of course our gas budget! He is really enjoying his job!


We continue to love living in Gimli. Last weekend we took our Monkey to the playground at the beach, he loves slides and climbing!




Of course we live in Manitoba so this weekend we broke out the new snowsuit and had a blast in the sled. I ran around the backyard pulling him as he giggled up a storm!
Love this kid!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally
right. this post actually made my day.
You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent
for this info! Thanks!