Tuesday, June 12, 2007

AN UPDATE!

No excuses, I am a blog slacker!
Here is an update; it’s apparently a long time coming!
I had a wonderful trip to Smithers a couple of weeks ago. My cousin Jessica got married (to Ben). It was wonderful to take a couple of days off and fly out there for four days. There was lots of family there that I hadn’t seen in quite some time so it was nice to see them and catch up. Smithers is in B.C. and is surrounded by the mountains, it was amazing! Check out these pictures!






The view from our hike!



Ben and Jessica at the Wedding








Grandma in Matt's (my cousin) Porche!






Ben and Jessica






Since my Smithers trip school has been busy! As always June is a little crazy, the wonderful thing is that it is June and there are not many days left until my summer begins!

Two weekends ago I had my first experience with ticks! YUCK! Jay and I went hiking at Hecla, it was a beautiful day! I got one tick, which is a first for me. Jay however had 12ish! Apparently they like to hide in socks! Yeah for sandals!

Last weekend Jay and I went to his parents’ house. We haven’t spent much time with them since we have been together so it was time to do that. The weekend was good.

When I got home on Sunday I found out my mom and grandpa were in a rather bad car accident. Mom is okay-ish, grandpa has a cracked vertebra. Makes me more nervous to drive, and I actually drove home at pretty much the speed limit, which is not usually the case!

So there is an update on what has been happening in life, my goal is to update more often, but we will see. Maybe I should spend less time on facebook!~S
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! It was nice to catch up this evening! Hopefully we'll get to hang out soon! Maybe on sunday even just to say hi...?!? Have a good rest of the week!

Mark said...

Sarah,
Forget Facebook! It is evil! Anyway, yes, you are "blog slacker" but admitting you have a problem is the first step to getting better (just kidding!). Anyway, glad to hear that you and Jay got to hang out with his parents, hope you had a good time. Also, I am jealous of your hike at Hecla (ah woodticks, I much prefer them to mosquitoes as they are slower and less whiny). Take care!
-Mark

Karissa said...

Hey Sarah,
I'm looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!!!