Friday, April 13, 2007

The Week Is Over!!

The week is finally over… it has been one long week!
This week felt long for a variety of reasons. First it was report card and Parent-Teacher interview week. Luckily my reports cards were mostly done long before Monday, but no matter how early they get done there is always a little apprehension sending report cards home. If only students knew how much teachers love to send home glowing report cards and hate disappointing students and parents with not so stellar report cards!
The week was also one that stretched me in my job… I was given the opportunity to grow in communication skills and I was stretched in regards to leadership and conflict. It was a good situation for growth.
It seems like forever since I have really talked to friends and loved ones. Usually my weeks fly by, and I wish I had a little more time with my students, and a little more time to get things done. This week I feel like it would have been wonderful if it ended days ago! I am looking forward to a very quiet weekend at home. It will include watching movies and hockey, finishing my quilt, and maybe sleeping in!
I decided to steal the THREE BEAUTIFUL THINGS idea from Dayna and Lindsey, what a wonderful idea. Here are my three beautiful things for today:
1) When we went for lunch in town today (it was an admin day) it smelled like it had just stopped raining. You know that fresh, earthy smell; I love it! It makes me really believe that spring is here!
2) I had the time to create a bulletin board for my classroom, one of those things that falls by the wayside when things get busy. Now I can put up important terms and definitions about the Earth’s Crust!
3) Spinach salad, yup spinach salad is beautiful! Especially when it has red peppers (I have eaten two and a half of those wonderful things this week!), tomatoes and Italian dressing on it. YUMMY!

Enjoy your weekend!
~S

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! I think its about time to have a chat with you again... although there isn't really anything new and exciting happening right now for me to talk about...but it still would be nice see you again...maybe I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime!

Jobina said...

congrats on a hard week DONE!!! Enjoy your weekend, have a spinach salad and smile!

Anonymous said...

hey sarah! sorry I left you hanging on msn there... my sister called.

To answer your question... nothing is really new in my life these days... other than what we talked about... basically just work work work for me!

It has been a super long time since we last saw each other hasn't it? Hopefully I'll be able to make it to c&c next week...my parents will be in SK (I just might be too), and I think Neta is working... and I don't even know where Dahlen lives now!

Anyway, just wanted to say sorry for being so rude on msn there! Hope you have a fantastic week, and that it will go by faster than this last one for ya! Love you! -Hill :)

Lindsey Dueck said...

Hey!
I hope you had a nice weekend! I wish mine was a little more relaxing but oh well. I hope this week isn't so crazy for you (or me!) so we can do something....plot ways for you to stay here and fun stuff like that!!