Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life With My Little Man

It is hard to believe I have had over two weeks with my Little Man! In some ways it has flown by, but it also seems like eons ago that we were in the NICU. We are settling into a nice little routine; it goes like this: sleep, poop, change diaper, eat, watch mommy pump, sleep. I keep telling Griffin that we could speed up the process if he would just eat from the source, but other than a few short attempts yesterday latching is not happening! So we finger feed, it takes time, but I am told that most babies will latch on in 6-8 weeks if we stick to the plan. I am super determined to get him to latch, but for now he is getting mostly breast milk, in the evening he never stops eating and I can’t keep up to him so he gets some formula then.

Other than his eating issue Griffin is a great baby! He rarely cries, and when he does it is because mommy or daddy just aren’t quick enough getting his next meal. He is a night owl (total opposite of his mommy), he starts eating around 5pm and usually doesn’t stop until midnight (or later). Then he sleeps for 5 or 6 hours and wakes up around 6:30, yup my two week old gives us 5 or 6 hours of solid sleep! Now that I have written this I am sure it will come to an end! During the day he eats every three hours or so. He is most happy when he is in someone’s arms, and I love loving him to sleep. As the days have gone on he has gotten much more active with his arms and legs, and stares at faces for hours.

I am loving my new job as mommy. I love spending hours with Griffin in my arms, I love feeding him, changing his diaper, and basically loving him. My c-section recovery has been super easy, and pain free. In fact I am convinced that it has been easier than it would have been if I got the birth I wanted. I am super thankful that this is the case, it has given me the chance to enjoy every moment with Griffin!

3 comments:

Jobina said...

So glad to hear things are going well, had I been thinking ahead I would have sent more clothes with Mark to give to Jay yesterday :o( oh well, hopefully Griffin doesn't grow too fast!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying life with your little man so much. I have to admit , he is a darling !!!
~b

Anonymous said...

Griffin is so cute!