Sunday, September 20, 2009

Seeking Routine!

I meant to update sooner but life has been a little crazy! Starting a new job at a new school has taken some late nights and early mornings, by the time I get home from work plugging in my computer is low on my list of things I want to do. Usually fall routine comes quicker to me but Friday was the first day I left work before 5, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't only the second time I have left before 6. One night I managed to stay until 7:15. Add the half hour drive and my days have been rather long. Other than the adjusting to a new routine the start of the school year has been very enjoyable. I have 19 grade 5 and 6 students, 5 boys and 14 girls. They are really good kids and I have enjoyed the last two weeks of getting to know them. I really like being part of a bigger staff. All things considered it has been a great beginning. My goal for this week is to get into routine, spend less hours at work in the evening and start feeling like I have a life outside of my classroom.

This weekend was an enjoyable one. Joel and Ashley came up for a movie marathon. We ate and watched movies all day yesterday, and by watched movies that means the boys watched and the girls slept! Ashley had a rough week and needed rest, I have no excuse, but I look forward to starting the week well rested! Joel slept in the tent with the dogs while Ashley took the bed in the guestroom. It was nice to be at home this weekend as we haven't had a weekend at home in weeks.

Jay's schedule is picking up steam. between the two of us we are hardly ever home. It seems that that is pretty normal this time of year though. He has just started coaching the highschool's soccer teams so that will keep him busy.

On to completing work things!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

So nice to hear from you again!
I didn't realize you'd be an hour and a half away from your new job! that could be interesting come wintertime! What do you like to do when you drive? Do you like peace and quiet or do you crank up the tunes?
Sounds like you and Jay are plenty busy! I hope you still get some time to enjoy each other!

Jay Boaz said...

Hey Hillary,

Sarah's not an hour and a half away from work, it's about a 35 minute drive or so.

Hillary said...

hahaha apparently I don't know how to read! :P