Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Hobby and COLD Days!

Over Christmas I invested my Christmas gift money in a pair of Cross Country Skis. Mom had gotten some for her birthday in November, and after a ski with her (I rented skis) I was hooked! I went out and bought a nice set and have used them a couple of times already. I have made a loop around the school yard; it was tough to plow it out the first time (and then it snowed a ton the next day), I have since made my track again. I have also been to Windsor Park a couple of times with mom. It has been fun, and a great way to get active! I do have a rule though; I won’t go out if the wind chill is below -30!

I guess that brings me to the cold day topic! I am currently on day 2 of no students. The wind chill has just been too much to have kids driving to school. When it hits -45 they get to stay home. From the phone calls I made today I gather they don’t really mind. Yesterday was extremely productive. I am participating in a very cool space program (Marsville) with my students starting this month, and I managed to get it all planned yesterday! What a great gift to have a whole day to work on it. If only I could start already (I am a tad excited about it!)!! Today I set my sights on the pile o’marking! I managed to get some of it done, plus a few random things that have been on my to-do list. These days are really blessings (except of course for the walk to and from school, which is a little cold!). Tomorrow I want students in desks here at school though. In order to start Marsville we need to finish our current unit in Science, plus three days at work without students will be very boring!! We have work to do!

When the cold comes I think about next February! I am already dreaming about warm beaches!!

Those of you going to Mesa, don’t rub it in! You will be warm, the rest of us won’t be, I already know that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you to make your own track. I hope we can get out this weekend, I have a map printed for us.

Mark said...

Very awesome, keep making your own trails! XC skiing is so retro cool! Also, it is an amazing workout!